Accidents are inevitable, and when we talk about dental emergencies, they are both painful and stressful. Whether it is a sudden toothache or a knocked-out tooth, you need urgent dental care. We offer emergency dental care in San Jose at AT Dental Clinic by top-rated oral care experts.
Why Do You Need Emergency Dental Care?
No one deliberately goes head to head for a dental emergency; they occur quite unexpectedly. Instances such as infections, tooth decay, half-broken teeth, or trauma to the mouth all come under this umbrella. The key is to act fast by visiting an emergency dentist. Here’s why it is crucial to act swiftly:
Delaying your visit to the emergency care dentist increases your risk of developing irreversible damage. The main goal is to provide immediate care to prevent further issues or tooth loss while preserving your oral health. The sooner you get treatment, the more your chances of saving your natural teeth.
Signs of a Dental Emergency
Apart from the expected traumatic blow, how would you know it is a dental emergency situation?
- Throbbing toothache after brushing, rinsing, and flossing.
- A knocked-out tooth due to a blow on your face requires immediate attention.
- Gum, tongue, or cheek Injuries cause bleeding that won’t stop.
- Broken or loose braces.
- Chipped or broken teeth, especially if it is significant that your tooth is cracked.
- Filling falling out.
- Loose tooth.
- A painful, pus-filled dental abscess in your gums.
Tips To Relieve Dental Pain
While waiting for your appointment, take steps to relieve yourself from pain:
- Get to the Root Cause: Try getting to the source of your problem for more targeted treatment.
- Pain killers: You can get your hands on OTC pain relief medication to alleviate the extensive discomfort. Follow the instructions carefully to manage pain effectively.
- Cold Compress: Put a cold compress patch or an ice pack on your affected area to reduce swelling and numb the pain. Be careful with this, and wrap ice in a cloth to avoid direct contact with your skin.
- Prescription Pain Killer: Ask your dental care expert for prescription-only pain relievers.
- Saltwater Rinse: Gargling with a warm saltwater solution helps reduce inflammation and provides relief for mouth sores and gum irritations.
- Steer Clear of Trigger Foods: Stay away from hot, cold, sweet, or acidic foods and beverages that can exacerbate your pain.
Dental emergencies are surely quite stressful and scary, but do not worry; you can always rely on specialists to help you out.
You can reach out to us at any point for our emergency services. You can dial (408) 579-9931 to connect with an emergency dentist from AT Dental Care. We are located at 1906 Aborn Rd, San Jose, CA 95121, United States.